Emily from The Polka-Dot Umbrella shows how to make a soft baby rattle. It’s part of their Baby Week series of posts. The tags around the head of the soft toy are fun for baby to grab, while a bell in the insides will make a sound when baby shakes the rattle. (For those concerned about the safety of inserting a bell into a baby’s toy, see this post from Softie Making Resources for some tips.) Get the tutorial to find out how to make this cute rattle toy.
[photo from The Polka-Dot Umbrella]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Soft fabric giraffe baby rattle
- Free pattern: Bird softie baby rattle
- Tutorial: Spock and Yoda baby rattles
- Tutorial: Soft baby toys with velcro tabs for attaching to a bassinet
- Tutorial: Hemming knits without creating waves and puckers