Karen from Badlands Quilts shares a pair of tutorials on her blog showing two ways of making an easy knit blanket. Both are made from two layers of interlock, but the edges are finished differently on each. The Easy Knit Blanket is finished around the edges with a strip of knit, while The Easiest Knit Blanket is finished with a decorative shell tuck stitch around the edge. These would make awesome (and quick!) baby shower gifts! Get the tutorials from Badlands Quilter.
[photo from Badlands Quilter]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Baby blankets in three ways
- Tutorial: How do make a blanket stitch
- Tutorial: Quick and easy burp cloths
- Tutorial: Ruffle Blanket for baby
- Tutorial: Easy baby blanket for beginner sewists