Sachiko from Tea Rose Company and Tea Rose Home shows how to make a self-binding baby blanket. Rather than applying a separate piece of fabric to bind the edges, a self-bound blanket wraps a portion of the back layer around to the front to bind off the edges. This is such a nice way to finish off the edges! Go to the tutorial.
[photo from Tea Rose Home]
[tags]sewing, tutorial, baby, swaddle, blanket, binding, self, self-binding[/tags]
- Tutorial: Self-Binding Receiving Blanket
- Tutorial: How to make piped binding
- Tutorial: Easy baby blanket for beginner sewists
- Tutorial: Soft baby blanket with silky binding
- Tutorial: Faux mitered corners