Jenny from By JG and I Heart Jenny’s Art shows how she made a cool new hat out of an old sweater. It’s part of a series showing three projects made out of one sweater. (Part 1 shows how to make elbow patches to cover holes in another sweater. Part 2 shows how to use the arms of the sweater to make legwarmers.) The hat has a gathered cap (made from the back part of the sweater) and a small bill. She says the hat can be made in just 45 minutes. Get the tutorial for making the hat.
[photo from I Heart Jenny's Art]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Mend a holey sweater with elbow patches
- Tutorial: Make a hooded infinity scarf from a cowlneck sweater
- Tutorial: The 45-minute Hat
- Tutorial: Little girl’s sweater refashion with heart-shaped elbow patches
- Tutorial: Marching band inspired sweater refashion