If you’re in a hurry, you can quickly take in the waistband on a pair of pants by just taking a tiny little pinch in off the side – through the waistband and all. It’ll do the job in a hurry, but it’ll be lumpy and unfinished. If you want to take in the waist without the tell-tale lumpy seam allowance, you’ll need to remove the waistband first. It’s more work, but the finished product is much nicer. Liz from Cotton & Curls shows how you can do it. Go to her tutorial.
[photo from Cotton & Curls]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Make bell bottoms from wide legged pants
- Tutorial: Make your pants metallic
- Tutorial: Add 1-2 inches to your jeans waist by giving them a sash
- Tutorial: Take in the waist of a pair of pants in just 4 steps
- Tutorial: Add extra fabric to a jeans waist