Bias tape is a little bit like a sewing magic trick. It’s made from a woven cotton, but the fact that it’s cut on the bias makes it stretchy. It wraps around the edge of a piece of fabric (even a curved edge) to create a clean finish. Ashley from Lil Blue Boo shares a tutorial on her blog showing three ways to make bias tape. Get the tute.
[photo fro Lil Blue Boo]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: How to stitch bias tape to the edge of fabric
- Tutorial: DIY cardboard bias tape maker
- Tutorial: Easy tablecloth with bias tape edges
- Tutorial: Finishing edges with bias tape
- Tutorial: Attaching bias tape around corners