Wendi Gratz from Shiny Happy World shares a tutorial over at Sew, Mama, Sew! showing how to make a tin can carrier for kids to take with them on their outdoor adventures. The hard-sided round pouch gives a place for them to store any treasures they find. You can make one from a pineapple juice can, a fat quarter, and a bit of elastic. (This project is for small hands, so make sure your can has no sharp edges.) Go to her tutorial.
[photo from Shiny Happy World on Sew, Mama, Sew!]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Summer Treasures pouch belt
- Tutorial: Juice bag zippered pencil pouch
- Tutorial: Zippered coin purse from juice pouch
- Tutorial: Paint can craft caddy
- Tutorial: Drawstring pouch from 2 squares