Ashley from Art With Ashley guest blogs in the Sewing for Me! series at kojodesigns with a tutorial showing how you can create your own sewing blocks. Once you have your basic sewing blocks, you can adapt the neck, the sleeve, the length, etc. to create any number of unique garments. Her method for creating the blocks makes use of an existing garment that fits the way you like. Instead of measuring and drafting, she traces the pieces of the existing garment to make the pattern. Go to her tutorial to see how to do it.
[photo from Art With Ashley on kojodesigns]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Create a sewing pattern from a favorite garment
- Tutorial: Trace a basic blouse to create a sewing pattern
- Tutorial: How to replicate a favorite softie
- Tutorial: Drafting patterns for necklines, facings, and a sleeveless armscye
- Tutorial: Drafting a sleeve pattern for children’s clothing