Terra from Mama Says Sew created a twirly ruffle shirt for her little girl, and she shares a tutorial showing how she did it. The shirt was inspired by a shirt she saw on Pinterest and the cascading ruffles technique in this tutorial at Lil Blue Boo. Because the ruffles are cut on the curve, this will take more yardage than a typical little girl’s shirt. (She used 2 yards on hers.) Get her tute.
[photo from Mama Says Sew]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: How to sew cascading ruffles or flounces
- Tutorial: Cascading Ruffle Skirt for girls
- Tutorial: Tiered ruffle leggings for little girls
- Tutorial: Girl’s ruffle embellished tee
- Tutorial: Nautical shorts for little girls