Kristina J. shows how you can use the color blocking trend to add extra length to a skirt (or dress). In her example, she matches the color and texture of a striped skirt, but you could also use contrsting fabric if you’re unable to find fabric that matches. Get the how-to.
[photo from Kristina J.]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Use color blocking to add length to a skirt
- Tutorial: Lengthen a garment with a contrast fabric
- Tutorial: Use horizontal pleats to lengthen or shorten a skirt
- Tutorial: Color blocked D-ring belt
- Tutorial: Shorten a skirt from the waist to preserve hemline