Kristina J. shows how to create a lovely textured fabric by stitching together cutout fabric shapes. She used her cutout fabric as an accent for the collar and cuffs on a jacket. Gorgeous! She used a Sizzix to cut out all of the flower shapes, but you could also cut them out by hand if needed. (If you do cut them by hand, this would be a good activity to do while waiting in the school pick-up line or while watching some mindless TV.) Get the tutorial.
[photo from Kristina J.]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Pottery Barn-inspired Advent calendar sew-along
- Tutorial: Gathered fabric circle flower brooch
- Free pattern: Tiffany Shrug for girls
- Tutorial: The Pick It Up Skirt for little girls
- Tutorial: Pretty Petals Tee