Debbie from Squiggly Twigs Designs show how you can take a so-so fabric and make it your own with a bit of fabric paint. Starting with a fabric that has a little bit of print already, like the stripes she used in her example, and then adding stamped images or simple painted shapes creates a layered design without too much stress. This would be a fun way to involve the kids in your sewing projects! How much would they love a garment made from fabric they helped create? Go to the tutorial.
[photo from Squiggly Twigs Designs]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Crooked Heart Valentine’s votive or vase wrap
- Tutorial: Custom fabric prints with spray dye
- Tutorial: Create a Mondrian inspired design on fabric
- Review: Stash Happy Applique
- Tutorial: Simple softie that kids can sew