Shauna from Shwin & Shwin continues her Sewing 101 series with a tutorial all about making facings. A facing is kind of like a partial lining. The extra layer of fabric is an easy way to finish curved edges, particularly necklines and armholes. Get the tute to find out how to draft a facing piece for a pattern.
[photo from Shwin & Shwin]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Use facings for crisp clean necklines and armholes
- Tutorial: Use mini-facings to turn under tight corners
- Tutorial: Ribbed knit neck and sleeve finishes
- Video tutorial: Draft a pattern for a mitered facing
- Tutorial: How to sew cascading ruffles or flounces