Michael Ann from Michael Ann Made guest blogs in the Pleat Weeks series at See Kate Sew with a tutorial showing how you can use horizontal pleats to lengthen or shorten a skirt. A few decorative pleats around the hem of a skirt will take up some extra length. Or, if the skirt is too short, adding a pleated panel around the hem would add extra length without making the fix too obvious. Get the tutorial.
[photo from Michael Ann Made on See Kate Sew]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Use color blocking to add length to a skirt
- Tutorial: Peek-a-Boo box pleats
- Tutorial: Little girl’s pleated tunic top
- Tutorial: Imperfect Pleated Pillow
- Tutorial: Dress with pleated waistband