Debbie from Squiggly Twigs Designs needed some brightly colored power mesh to replicate the look of a super cute twirly skirt. She could have used tulle, but the power mesh is softer and had a better drape. The only problem was that she could only buy it locally in two colors – white or black. She got the white mesh and then dyed it to the color she wanted using Kool-Aid. Brilliant!! And thrifty, too! She wrote up a tutorial telling how she did it. Get the tute.
[photo from Squiggly Twigs Designs]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Kool-Aid dyed elastic for your sewing projects
- Tutorial: Dyed elastic for a waistband
- Giveaway: Hand-dyed knits from So Many Colors
- Cool idea: Use bright ribbon to add a pop of color to a little black dress
- Tutorial: Dyed elastic belt with flower embellishments