Gem Fatale gave a pair of cutoff shorts some vintage flavor by replacing the back pockets with ones she made out of a vintage hankie. I love this idea!!! She shares a tutorial showing how she did it. This is a particularly good use for a hankie that is stained or damaged in spots. Her tutorial looks like she sews all the way around the pockets to make them faux pockets, but you could easily make it a functioning pocket instead. (Just finish the top edge of the pocket before placing them on the jeans, then sew just the three sides.) Go to her post to see her tutorial.
[photo from Gem Fatale]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Add a vintage hankie collar to a plain tank
- Tutorial: Patchwork denim skirt
- Tutorial: Heirloom Skirt with hankie pocket
- Tutorial: Chenille & Hankies Christmas Stocking
- Tutorial: Mend a tear around a jeans pocket