Caiti from Walker Whimsy used metal washers (the big heavy ones) and colorful yarn to make a set of fabric weights. She shares a tutorial showing how she did it. It’s a quick and easy project, and you can make a set for a whole lot less than buying them from the notions section of the fabric store. Get the tute.
[photo from Walker Whimsy]
- Video tutorial: Hardware washer pattern weights
- Tutorial: Make inexpensive fabric weights out of hardware washers
- Tutorial: Fabric yo-yo pattern weights
- Lookie what she made: Wrapped washer pattern weights
- Tutorial: Make your own monogrammed pattern weights