Emily Tao has a new video in her library of pattern drafting video tutorials. In this one, she shows how to draft a pattern for a mitered facing. The edges fold up to create a perfect miter. It’s a neat and bulk-free way to finish a hem around a corner of a piece of fabric. Go to her video tutorial to see how to draft the pattern.
[photo from Emily Tao]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Cloth napkins with mitered corners
- Video tutorial: Draft a pattern for a collar and collar stand
- Video tutorial: Modify a shirt pattern to add pleats to the back
- Video tutorial: Drape and create a pattern for a basic skirt block
- Video tutorial: Adjust a pattern to accommodate broader shoulders