The first step to learning to sew is to make friends with your machine. All those moving parts and dials can be overwhelming at first, but once you know what they’re used for then you’ll know how to make your machine work for you. If you need a guided tour of your sewing machine, check out this video by Chica and Jo. It’s part of their Sewing 101 series. Go to the video.
[photo from Chica and Jo]
[tags]sewing, tutorial, video, machine, 101, beginner[/tags]
- Video tutorial: Sewing in a straight line
- Video tutorial: How to read a pattern book
- Video tutorial: Teaching a child to sew
- Video: The tools you need to get started sewing
- Sneak peek: A video walkthrough of Sew Retro