If you’ve ever wondered how to grade a sewing pattern up or down a size, check out the latest video tutorial from Emily Tao from Pawsome Creations. It’s her latest in her series of pattern drafting videos on YouTube. Her example in the video shows her taking a basic t-shirt pattern up a size while maintaining the correct proportions on the sleeves, neck, and body of the tee. Go to her video to see how to do it.
[photo from Emily Tao on You Tube]
- Video tutorial: Check and correct the fit of a basic skirt block
- Video tutorial: Adjust a pattern to accommodate broader shoulders
- Video tutorial: Draft a pattern for a button placket
- Video tutorial: Check and adjust the fit of an armhole
- Video tutorial: Finding the right measurements for elastic waistbands