One way to hide a line of stitching is to “stitch in the ditch”, in other words sew a line of stitching in the indented seam line where two fabrics are joined. Toni from Sugar Tart Crafts shares a video tutorial showing how to do it. She uses straight pins to keep her fabric put while sewing, but depending on the fabric you’re using you could also use a little bit of glue stick. (Just test it out on your fabric first to be sure it will wash out, and then make sure the glue is completely dry before sending it through your machine.) Go to the video.
[photo from Sugar Tart Crafts]
By Anne Weaver
- Video tutorial: Sewing in a straight line
- Video tutorial: How to install an invisible zipper
- Video tutorial: Stitch buttons using your sewing machine
- Tutorial: Tools to help you sew a straight line
- Review: Bernina 780, part 2