Indygo Junction guest blogs in the Purse Palooza series at Sew Sweetness with a video tutorial showing how to install grommets and magnetic snaps. Magnetic snaps are easy to install, and easy for hands to manipulate to open or close your purse. Grommets are mainly a decorative element, especially the oversized grommets, but they can also be functional when they’re used to attach the straps. Watch the how-to to see how to install both types of hardware.
[photo from Indygo Junction on Sew Sweetness]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Adding a magnetic snap
- Tutorial: Nautical-inspired hobo bag
- Tutorial: Setting metal snaps in fabric
- Tutorial: Installing metal grommets
- Tip: Protect a magnetic snap from scratches while sewing