Emily Tao has added some a new video to her series of pattern drafting tutorials on You Tube. This one shows how to lower the neckline of a collared shirt. Her tutorial shows how to lower the neck and adjust the length of the collar and collar stand so they fit to the new length. For shirts with convertible collars, she shares a tip for cutting a new facing without tracing. Go to her video to see how it’s done.
[photo from Emily Tao]
By Anne Weaver
- Video tutorial: Draft a pattern for a collar and collar stand
- Video tutorial: Draft a pattern for a mitered facing
- Video tutorial: Shorten a sleeve pattern without affecting the circumference
- Video tutorial: Adjust a pattern to accommodate broader shoulders
- Video tutorial: Drape and create a pattern for a basic skirt block