I have always snapped a buttonhole foot on to my sewing machine whenever I’ve needed to stitch a buttonhole. It turns out that you can make one without the special foot. This is good to know when you’re needing a buttonhole that is larger than your standard foot can accommodate, or when you need a buttonhole stitched in a tight space. Steph from 3 Hours Past shares a video tutorial on her blog showing how you can use your sewing machine to make a buttonhole without the aid of a buttonhole food. Good to know! Go to her video.
[photo from 3 Hours Past]
By Anne Weaver
- Video tutorial: Sew easier buttonholes with a buttonhole foot
- Video tutorial: Using a binding foot
- Video tutorial: 1-step buttonhole
- Tutorial: Buttonholes when the button is too big for your automatic buttonhole foot
- Video tutorial: Using an automatic buttonhole foot