Have you seen a pressert foot with a spiral-y thing on it? Chances are, it’s a binding foot. The metal spiral is used to guide a strip of bias tape around the edge of your main fabric. Once you get the hang of using one, they make binding edges a breeze. Steph from Three Hours Past shares a video tutorial showing how to use one. Go to her video.
[photo from Three Hours Past]
- Tutorial: Finish edges of knit fabric with a simple knit binding
- Video tutorial: Sew buttonholes on your machine without a special foot
- Tutorial: How to use a binding foot on your sewing machine
- Video tutorials: Hemming knits four ways
- Tutorial: Turn denim scraps into stamps