Craft Passion shares a free pattern and tutorial for making a pair of knit shorts for toddlers. It works for either a boy or a girl. She made her soft knit shorts from an old polo shirt. The pattern is sized to fit a 3-year-old child. If you need the shorts in a different size, you could adjust her pattern or use your own pattern while following her instructions. Get the tutorial.
[photo from Craft Passion]
- Free pattern: Little girl ruffle leg shorts
- Tutorial: Knit workout shorts for little kids
- Free pattern: Summer Chevrons Shirt for little girls
- Free pattern: Girl’s skirt with built-in shorts
- Free pattern: Make shortalls for baby out of an adult tee