You can snag a free pattern for the Portrait Blouse from Gertie’s New Book for Better Sewing by Gretchen Hirsch over at Craft. The versatile short-sleeved blouse can go as dressy or as casual as you like. Make it from a drapey fabric for a flattering shape. Go there to get the pattern.
[photo from Gertie's New Book for Better Sewing on Craft]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Loose-fitting short-sleeved boxy blouse
- Tutorial: Use tailor tacks to transfer sewing pattern markings
- Tutorial: Sew a peasant blouse with no curved seams
- Tutorial: Easy batwing tunic from a rectangle of fabric
- Tip: Use tissue paper when cutting slippery fabrics