Though the straight stitch is the one you’ll use the most, there are some other basic sewing machine stitches that are helpful to your sewing. Heather from Feather’s Flights continues her Sewing 101 series with a post explaining 9 basic sewing machine stitches. She shows what they look like and when to use them. Get the scoop.
[photo from Feather's Flights]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Anthropologie-inspired shirt refashion
- Idea file: Sewing for men
- Heather’s favorite zig zag stitch for sewing knits
- Read all about it: Practicing basic stitches on your new sewing machine
- Freebie: Fibers & Fabric infographic