People who make or use cloth diapers know what PUL is. Short for Polyurethane Laminated fabric, it’s a soft, pliable, waterproof fabric that can stand up to repeated washings. (Did you see that Michael Miller Fabrics has released its first PUL line? LOVE!! Check it out here.) The waterproof surface does require some special sewing techniques. The Calico House shares some techniques for sewing on PUL fabrics. Go to their tips.
[photo from Michael Miller Fabrics]
By Anne Weaver
- Sneak Peek: Bot-Camp fabric from Michael Miller
- Tips for sewing with laminated cotton
- Sneak peek of new Jungle Jam fabric line
- Read all about it: Tips for sewing laminated cottons
- Sneak peek: Whimsy by Pillow & Maxfield