Becky from Patchwork Posse used vintage chenille and handkerchiefs to create beautiful Christmas stockings, and she shares a free pattern and tutorial so you can make some too. The body of the stocking is made from chenille, and the cuff from the corner of a hankie. This is a great way to put damaged or stained vintage linens to a lovely re-use. Get the pattern and tutorial.
[photo from Patchwork Posse]
By Anne Weaver
- Lookie what she made: Christmas clothes from recycled linens!
- Tutorial: Little girl’s bloomers from vintage hankies
- Tutorial: Sew en embellished Christmas stocking cuff
- Tutorial: Vintage hankie back pockets for your cutoff shorts
- Cool idea: Decorative pillows from vintage hankies