At our house, we’ve moved almost exclusively to cloth napkins. They’re softer, they’re cheaper, and they’re better for the environment. Usually we just use random napkins that I’ve purchased at yard sales, but for nicer family dinners something a little more special is in order.
Sew4Home shows how to make a set of fabric napkins with a festive contrast band around the bottom. This is an easy project. If you can sew straight lines, you can make yourself a new set of napkins. Go to the tutorial.
[photo from Sew4Home]
[tags]sewing, tutorial, easy, fabric, napkin[/tags]
By Anne Weaver
- Free pattern: Fancy Schmancy Cloth Napkins
- Tutorial: Simple tea towel with contrast band
- Tutorial: Party-worthy fabric napkins
- Tutorial: Sew a set of pretty cloth napkins
- Tutorial: Fabric napkins with a contrast bound edge