Wendi Gratz from Shiny Happy World kicks off a series of video tutorials on working with faux fur. The first installment tells how to get an accurate cut on the thick fabric, and how to do it without getting bits of fluff all over your sewing machine. She also tells how to sew it together without having the ends all stuck into your seam. Go to her blog for the video tutorial.
[photo from Shiny Happy World]
- Video tutorial: Sewing on stretch fabrics
- Video tutorial: Sewing tight curves
- Video tip: Starting a seam on thick materials
- Video tutorial: Sewing velvet without slippage
- Video tutorial: How to mark and sew darts