Destri from The Mother Huddle shows how to make an easy knit waistband with elastic running through it. The elastic gives it strength (keeps it from stretching out as you wear the garment) and helps it keep its shape. Get the tutorial from The Mother Huddle.
[photo from The Mother Huddle]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Use old undershirts to make an easy waistband
- Tutorial: Exposed sport elastic waistband
- Tutorial: Dolman sleeve top
- Tutorial: Easy headband with rolled fabric rosettes
- Tutorial: Gauzy A-line spring skirt with sash