Dawn from Designed by Dawn Nicole shares a tutorial on her blog showing how to do elastic thread shirring on her Brother sewing machine, which has a drop-in bobbin. She also shows how she uses her machine’s bobbin winder to fill the bobbins with elastic thread. I’ve always filled by bobbins with elastic thread by hand – winding and winding and winding until I’m half mad – so I was thrilled to see how she used her machine for that step. Get the how-to.
[photo from Designed by Dawn Nicole]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Little Flower Girl Sundress with elastic thread shirred bodice
- Cool idea: Bobbin and thread station
- Tutorial: Machine sewing with the bobbin thread
- Tutorial: Make a bobbin organizer to keep the threads tangle-free
- Review: Bernina 780 with embroidery module, part 3