Rather than pinning, pinning, pinning down a pattern to a piece of fabric, you can quickly place a handful of pattern weights down to keep everything in place while you cut out your pieces. You can buy pattern weights from the fabric store, but A Spoonful of Sugar shows how to make your own pattern. Her version of the pattern weight is made from e little fabric yo-yos with heavy metal washers on the inside. So cute! And so useful! Get the tutorial.
[photo from A Spoonful of Sugar]
By Anne Weaver
- Video tutorial: Hardware washer pattern weights
- Tutorial: Make your own monogrammed pattern weights
- Lookie what she made: Wrapped washer pattern weights
- Tutorial: Make inexpensive fabric weights out of hardware washers
- Tutorial: DIY pattern weights