Kay Whitt from Serendipity Studio guest blogs in the Purse Palooza 2012 series at Sew Sweetness with a tutorial showing how to install a double loop metal slider on a purse strap to make it adjustable. It’s a very simple piece of hardware (just one piece that looks like a squared figure-8) but it can be frustrating trying to figure out how to thread the fabric through it. Her tutorial is an excerpt from her book Sew Serenipity Bags and shows exactly how to do it. Get the tute.
[photo from Serendipity Studio on Sew Sweetness]
- Tutorial: Fabric slides for adjustable purse straps
- Tutorial: Geek Chic iPad Case
- Video tutorial: Sew an adjustable strap
- Tutorial: Make a belt buckle purse strap
- Tutorial: Full apron with adjustable straps