Dana from MADE recently made a layered skirt out of seersucker for her daughter. Now she posts on her blog showing how she did it, so you can make one, too. It’s awesome – and perfect for spring – out of the seersucker, but this style of skirt would be cute out of a wide range of fabric prints and types. (Keep in mind that heavier weight fabrics are usually not a good choice for full gathers.) Get the tute.
[photo from MADE]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Sew a lined wrap style baby sling
- Tutorial: Piped patch pocket
- Tutorial: The Happy Couple Blanket
- Video tutorial: Little girl’s classic sleeveless dress with gathered skirt
- Tutorial: Custom fabric prints with fabric dye