When your child outgrows a pair of pants, you can can often squeeze a little more life out of them by letting down the hems. The fabric that is folded up on the back as hem can be added to the length of the pant. Melissa from Melly Sews shows how to do it, including what she does when she needs every bit of length of the pants and doesn’t have enough to fold back for a hem. Go to her tute.
[photo from Melly Sews]
- Tutorial: Round pop-out zippered pocket
- Tutorial: Footie pajama pants
- Tutorial: Letting out a pants hem
- Tutorial: Kid’s Convertible Cargo Pants
- Tutorial: Nothing But a Hound Dog backpack