There’s nothing like seeing a pair of your child’s pants become high waters to let you know they’ve gone through another growth spurt. But if you let the hem out, you can usually geta few more months of them. Melissa from Melly Sews shares a tutorial over at Keeping It Simple with a tutorial showing how. (If you make the pants yourself, you can plan ahead and give them an extra deep hem so you can get even more wear from them.) Go to her tutorial.
[photo from Melly Sews on Keeping It Simple]
- Tutorial: Stamped fabric growth chart
- Tutorial: Make bell bottoms from wide legged pants
- Tutorial: Installing a zipper
- Tutorial: Use darts to take in pants at the waist
- Tutorial: Seam finishes, four ways