Dawn from Designed by Dawn Nicole shares a tutorial on her blog showing how to use elastic thread shirring to create her Little Flower Child Sundress. The dress is pieced from coordinating fat quarters. (You could also use half-yard cuts to avoid some of the piecing.) The stretchy bodice created by the elastic thread shirring gives a very flexible fit that will grow with your child. Get the tutorial.
[photo from Designed by Dawn Nicole]
- Tutorial: Elastic thread shirring using a sewing machine with drop-in bobbin
- Tutorial: Olivia Tunic Dress for little girls
- Tutorial: Little girl’s shirred sundress with center bow
- Giveaway: Eleven half-yard cuts from Poppy Seed Fabrics
- Giveaway: 10 half-yard cuts from Anna Maria Horner’s Loulouthi line