Cathy from Trinkets in Bloom shows how you can make your own chemise. The design is essentially a pillowcase dress. Instead of making it out of a cute cotton for a little girl, she makes it out of a silky pillowcase and turns it into a sexy little number for herself. The pillowcase she used had lace trim around the edge, but if you could also add some lace trim to a plain pillowcase. Or, if you can’t find a silky pillowcase (lace trimmed or not), you could always use some yardage and make it from scratch. Get the tute.
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Lace trim tote bag
- Tutorial: Lace trimmed tee refashion
- Tutorial: Use lace trim to hem lingerie fabric
- Tutorial: Layers of Lace pillowcase style dress for little girls
- Tutorial: Toddler girls’ Retro Ruffle Pillowcase Dress