Finding the perfect button to finish off a shirt or bag can seem an impossible task, especially when you need a brightly colored button like a turquoise or an orange. Kat from Chibi Designs and Sew Chibi shows how she makes buttons in any color she likes using polymer clay and a silicone mold. She also shows how to add glitter to the buttons, so you can have sparkly buttons in any color you like. Go to her tutorial to see how to do it.
[photo from Sew Chibi]
By Anne Weaver
- Lookie what she made: Chibi Easter dresses
- Tutorial: Kawaii Magic little girl dress with removable apron or pouch
- Tutorial: Make your own buttons from shrink plastic
- Lookie what she made: Extravagent Easter Egg Hunt Dress
- Tutorial: Paint a pair of canvas sneakers