Haley Pierson-Cox at The Zen of Making shows how to turn a measuring tape into a fun piece of wrist jewelry. If you don’t already have a couple of extra measuring tapes in your sewing box (mine tend to reproduce like bunnies), they’re inexpensive enough you can go buy one just to turn it into a bracelet. Go to her tutorial.
[photo from The Zen of Making]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Make a funky bracelet from scrap ribbons and trim
- Tutorial: Make your own buttons from shrink plastic
- Tutorial: Duct tape dress form
- Tutorial: Silk-covered Bangle Bracelet
- Free pattern: Felt owl measuring tape cover