Oh, how I’m loving this modern graphic portfolio! Daniel Parker from Studs and Buttonholes made it, and he shares a tutorial showing how. The sewing is actually not complicated. It’s made like a large zippered pouch, though out of a heavy duck cloth that he painted with an eyecatcthing modern design. His tutorial shows how to paint the fabric and how to sew it up into the portfolio. Go to his blog for the tute.
[photo from Studs and Buttonholes]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Metal polka dot shirt
- Tutorial: Pleated scarf from 20 inches of duck canvas
- Tutorial: DIY drop cloth pillow with stenciled arrows
- Tutorial: Make your own oilcloth
- Tutorial: Inkblot designs with fabric paint