Like many sewists, I’ve amassed quite a collection of buttons. Some are loose, but some are still stitched on to their cards. Currently, my organization system consists of a large shoe box that I paw through whenever a project calls for a button. Sound familiar? Melissa from Until Wednesday Calls shows how she organizes her carded buttons. This looks SO much better than my big-ole shoe box! Read more at Until Wednesday Calls.
[photo from Until Wednesday Calls]
By Anne Weaver
- Cool idea: Use extra Christmas stockings to make throw pillows
- Tutorial: Manual buttonhole with your sewing machine
- Tutorial: Button & fabric flower barrettes
- Idea file: Organize your buttons with safety pins or paper clips
- Lookie what she made: Two leather jackets = one rockin’ skirt