It’s easy enough to use a printed sewing pattern to cut the right shapes of fabric for a garment. Placement of pockets (or other details) where the pattern says to put them is a little more difficult. Carmel from Solomon shows her method for marking the pocket placement and pinning them down in exactly the right place. Go to her blog post to see what she does.
[photo from Solomon]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Fabric yo-yo pattern weights
- Tutorial: Use tailor tacks to transfer sewing pattern markings
- Tutorial: Create a sewing pattern from a favorite garment
- Pin your oilcloth without making holes
- Tutorial: Installing a basic zipper, plus a cool tip to make it easier