Pillowcase dresses don’t have to be made from actual pillowcases. You can make the same style of dress from yardage, or do like Stellar Mother did and make one from a thrifted halter top (adult-size). She shares a tutorial showing how she did it. If you can’t find a halter top to refashion, you can use hemmed garment with the same width as the finished dress. Get the tutorial.
[photo from Stellar Mother]
- Tutorial: Adult tank to toddler’s halter dress
- Tutorial: Toddler halter swimsuit cover-up from an adult t-shirt
- Free pattern: Bustle back halter dress for little girls
- Tutorial: Baby halter dress from an adult tank
- Tutorial: Make a girl’s skirt from a woman’s top