McKell’s Closet shows how you can use a man’s tie to make a cool pleated neckline detail on a woman’s t-shirt. You most likely know someone who has a stash of unwanted ties hanging in their closet, but if not you can find them inexpensively at thrift stores and estate sales. Get the tutorial.
[photo from McKell's Closet]
[thank you to Brandy from Ekio Art for the link suggestion!]
- Tutorial: Give an old formal new life as a child’s holiday skirt
- Tutorial: Make a pincushion from a mug or small bowl
- Tutorial: Resize a man’s button down shirt to fit a child
- Read a review of the Dritz Bound Buttonhole vintage sewing tool
- Tutorial: Add a doily insert to a t-shirt