Anshu from Blooms and Bugs combined three unwanted garments to make a refashioned maxi dress. She used a t-shirt for the top, a tiered dress for the skirt, and the fabric from a second shirt to create a faux wrap neckline. You probably won’t have the exact pieces she used, but you could use similar garments (perhaps a tiered skirt instead of the tiered dress) or even some yardage if you wanted to make it from scratch. Go to her tutorial to see how she put it together.
[photo from Blooms and Bugs]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Two tone maxi dress with faux wrap and ruffled neckline
- Tutorial: Large tote bag from a wrap-around skirt
- Tutorial: Layer Cake Dress for little girls
- Check it out: Refashionista series at I Am Momma
- Mega tutorial: Girl’s summer skirts series