Tricia from Made By Me & Shared With You likes to rip fabric. No, she’s not on a destructive binge, she’s quickly cutting fabric strips to make shirred scarves. Ripping fabric is actually a widely used method to cut strips of fabric. It keeps the edges even and it’s a lot faster than breaking out the cutting mat and rotary cutter. Get the tute to see how to do it.
[photo from Made By Me & Shared With You]
By Anne Weaver
- Tutorial: Cutting a circle with rotary cutter
- Tip: Sharpen your rotary cutter blade using a common household material
- Video Tutorial: Cutting curves with a rotary cutter
- Cutting fabrics with clear acrylic rulers
- Tutorial: Carrying bag for your cutting mat